Touch Screen Customization
Good technical parameters and reliability are key factors in the choice of components. But today, our clients are also looking for an attractive look. That is why we strive to deliver displays and touch screens that combine excellent design with functionality.
Our experts can match the displays to our clients’ applications accurately and achieve the best results with careful customization.
At Melrose, we adjust displays and touch screens to meet the unique demands of your application.
- Limitless possibilities in creating the external appearance and functionality of the final application
- Ease of adjusting the solution to the unique application needs
- Customized modules are more affordable than ever before
- Technical support and assistance at every stage of the project to help generate savings
- Attractive design tailored to the application that brings end-users more value
The Process of customization Step 1 – Gathering general requirements
Melrose will support you in the design and manufacturing of a complete solution according to your requirements. At the beginning of the customization process, the client offers basic information about the application and general requirements regarding the technical parameters of the solution.
Step 2 – Interview and details
- The outer dimensions of the touch screen, as well as its shape description, structure type, and thickness.
- Material to be used in the implementation. The most popular material used to cover the display and touch sensor is glass, which offers numerous advantages. Glass offers many customization options. For example, it’s possible to grind the glass edges to make the corners round or achieve a C-cut effect (glass pane rounding).
- Details regarding the touch screen such as its color, logotype, description, icons.
- Clients can choose from a full-color or semi-transparent mask.
- Additional customization options such as antireflective coating, water resistance, EMC, or vandalism resistance.
- Display technology (Mono LCM, OLED, TFT, e-paper), diagonal, resolution, temperature range, and brightness.
- Additional functionalities (for example, water, dust, shock, EMI resistance).
Step 3 – Pricing and executive drawing
When we agree on the details of the initial project, Melrose will prepare the pricing and commercial offer within a few business days. When the offer is accepted, our experts will prepare a detailed executive drawing of the display and touch screen module. This initial design will take into account the dimensions and shape defined by the requirements. At this point, you can also make minor changes (for example, regarding the logotype or icons). We will implement all the modifications to the project until it gains final acceptance.
Step 4 – Manufacturing a prototype (sample)
Once the project is accepted and undersigned by the client, we are ready to manufacture a small number of sample modules. We charge a fee to cover the costs associated with the production line preparation, as well as the cost of prototypes the client will receive for testing. We can eliminate all the irregularities without incurring high additional costs. If the test batch complies with the set requirements, we’re ready to receive a production order.
Step 5 – Production
In this final step, the client authorizes the samples, and we move to the production stage. Once the process is complete, we can repeat it many times without any additional costs. After completing one batch, the client can still make some amendments before we set to produce the next batch. However, every change may involve a fee.
Designing custom touch screen prototypes doesn't need to be expensive and time-consuming.
Talk with the Melrose engineers to layout a prototype you wanted to launch. Get your customized product with a 100% satisfaction rate.
Melrose has superior knowledge in using the right technology, meeting every requirement consideration. Call us for any clarification.